The Second Chance toolbox gathers the main tools used during the project, to collect and analyse information and to develop the Second Chance training model.
The toolbox also collects a set of possible tools and teaching aids, which can be used for the implementation of the training modules particularly during the assessment phase.
The toolbox includes: documents produced during the project, teaching aids produced by the EPRO model in Germany and other means produced by the partners in previous projects.
Furthermore the toolbox also incorporates different resources that have been used to develop the Second Chance model and that can be a useful source of inspiration for the transfer of the model in other national system or to other economic sectors.
The tools and documents contained in the toolbox come from different partner and country and are presented in their original language.
- Analysis grid: to collect and analyse VET and early school leavers situation in a specific country or region (E).
- Case study Hans: virtual case studies to analyse the training opportunities for improve career chances of low qualified people (E).
- Second Chance Modular structure for the retail sector (E / I / D).
- Second Chance Learning units for the retail sector (E / I / D / F).
- Second Chance training programme Switzerland (E / I / D).
- Second Chance concept and tools for the initial assessment
- Second Chance concept and tools for guidance and coaching during the training pathway
- Second Chance project Brochure: to briefly present the Second Chance project (E / I / D / F / NL / PL).
- Second Chance training model Flyer: to briefly present the training model to stakeholders, young adults and companies (E / I).
- Second Chance exploitation of the model: form to collect, report and analyse exploitation opportunities and difficulties (E).
- Second Chance stakeholders meeting report form: form to report meeting and discussion with local stakeholders (E).
- Modulare Nachqualifizierung Kaufmann /-frau im Einzelhandel: examples of training modules for sales assistants developed by ABU in Germany (D).
- Pro-Skills Manual: the training concept developed during the European project Pro-Skills (www.pro-skills.eu) is specifically thought for the promotion of social and personal skills of disadvantaged young adults. The manual presents concepts and training schemes that can be easily adapted and used to the Second Chance training pathway (E / I / D / F).
- Pro-Skills train the trainers concept: the guidelines developed during the European project Pro-Skills define the basis of a possible concept to train the trainers dealing with low qualified and low skilled people (E / I / D / F).
- CEDEFOP European terminology: definition of 130 key terms of the European education and training policy (E).
- Studies and articles describing how to shift to a “learning outcomes” based approach (E).
- CEDEFOP (2008), The shift to learning outcomes. Conceptual, political and practical developments in Europe. Luxembourg: Office for Official Publications of the European Communities.
- CEDEFOP (2010), Learning outcomes approaches in VET curricula – A comparative analysis of nine European countries. Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union.
- Article about developing flexible training pathways to reduce access barriers and increase opportunity (E).
- Study about work-based learning and the reintegration of unemployed adults into the labour market (E).
- Valbuk (valbuk.ch). Internet Site of the European project Valbuk with information, guidelines and tools about the recognition of prior learning outcomes and the modularization of learning pathways (different languages).
- TrainCom Information and Learning Platform (http://train-com.de). Learning platform dedicated to VET actors who want to develop or redesign training programmes with a competence based approach (different languages).